Banana Ice Cream is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional dairy-based ice cream. It is made with just a few simple ingredients, including ripe bananas, a bit of sweetener, and a splash of vanilla extract. The bananas are blended until smooth and then frozen until firm, creating a creamy and satisfying dessert that is both vegan and gluten-free.
To make Banana Ice Cream at home, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons of sweetener of your choice (such as maple syrup, honey, or agave nectar)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Optional toppings such as chopped nuts, dark chocolate chips, or fresh fruit
- Peel the ripe bananas and slice them into rounds. Place the slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for at least 2 hours or until solid.
- Remove the frozen bananas from the freezer and place them in a food processor.
- Add the sweetener and vanilla extract to the food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. It may take a few minutes for the bananas to fully break down, so be patient and stop the processor occasionally to scrape down the sides if needed.
- Transfer the blended mixture to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Serve the Banana Ice Cream in bowls or cones, topped with your favorite toppings if desired. Enjoy immediately, as the ice cream will start to melt quickly once it is removed from the freezer.
This simple recipe makes a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional ice cream. The natural sweetness of the ripe bananas combined with the sweetness of your choice of sweetener and the vanilla extract creates a satisfying and indulgent dessert that is both vegan and gluten-free.