Roasted Vegetable Lasagna is a hearty and delicious dish that is packed with nutrients and flavor. It’s a great way to enjoy your favorite vegetables in a new and exciting way, and it’s also a great option for those following a vegetarian or vegan diet. To make this dish, you’ll need a few key ingredients, including lasagna noodles, tomato sauce, ricotta cheese, and a variety of roasted vegetables.
Begin by preheating your oven to 400°F and preparing your vegetables. You can use any combination of veggies that you like, but some popular options include zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, and mushrooms. Cut the vegetables into bite-sized pieces and place them on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until tender and caramelized.
While the veggies are roasting, cook the lasagna noodles according to package instructions, then set them aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese with a handful of fresh herbs, such as basil or parsley, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish, then layer on a layer of noodles, followed by a layer of ricotta cheese and a layer of roasted vegetables. Repeat this layering process until all of the ingredients have been used, then finish with a final layer of tomato sauce.
Bake the lasagna in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve hot and enjoy! This dish is a great option for a family dinner or for meal prepping for the week. The roasted veggies add a burst of flavor and nutrition to this classic dish, and the creamy ricotta cheese pairs perfectly with the tender noodles. Enjoy!
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into rounds
- 2 large zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped (optional)
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the eggplant, zucchini, and bell pepper slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
- In a large skillet, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms to the skillet and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish, spread a layer of marinara sauce on the bottom.
- Layer the cooked lasagna noodles over the sauce, followed by the roasted vegetables and the mushroom mixture. Spread another layer of sauce over the vegetables.
- Repeat layering the noodles, vegetables, and sauce until you have used all of the ingredients. Top with the cheese mixture.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot, topped with chopped basil leaves (optional).