Spaghetti Squash with Tomato Sauce is a healthy and delicious dish made from spaghetti squash and a classic tomato sauce. The spaghetti squash is baked until tender, then the flesh is scraped out to form spaghetti-like strands. These strands are then combined with a simple tomato sauce made from canned or fresh tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, and seasonings to create a tasty and nutritious meal. This dish is a great alternative to traditional pasta and is a fantastic way to get in a serving of vegetables while still enjoying a satisfying and flavorful meal. Spaghetti Squash with Tomato Sauce is also a great option for those following a low-carb or gluten-free diet. Whether you’re looking for a tasty weeknight dinner or a healthy and satisfying lunch, Spaghetti Squash with Tomato Sauce is a great choice!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of tomato sauce
- Fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Place the two halves cut-side up in a baking dish.
- Drizzle the spaghetti squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the flesh is tender and can be easily scraped into spaghetti-like strands with a fork.
- While the spaghetti squash is baking, heat the tomato sauce in a saucepan over medium heat.
- When the spaghetti squash is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Scrape the flesh into spaghetti-like strands and place it in a large bowl.
- To serve, divide the spaghetti squash into bowls, top with the heated tomato sauce, and sprinkle with fresh basil.